Mid-Coast 16 Lighthouse and Photography Tour
Guided by Lighthouse Experts: Jeremy D’Entremont and Bob Trapani Jr.
- Photographer Michael Leonard.
- August 21st Evening Lecture “Digital Photography” with Mike Leonard, Jesup Memorial Library 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Eight to ten minutes at each light for historical narrative and photo taking.
- Full Catered Lunch (Gourmet Deli Sandwiches, Fruit, Chips, Cookies, Clam Chowder, Soda, Coffee, Tea.)
- Travel aboard the 112 foot jet-powered catamaran Friendship V.
- Cruise through beautiful Stonington Harbor & Fox Island Thorofare.
- View Acadia National Park, many coastal mansions, & 100’s of islands.
Bio for Jeremy D’Entremont: An author of more than twenty books, including The Lighthouses of Maine, Great Shipwrecks of the Maine Coast, The Lighthouse Handbook: New England , and The Lighthouse Handbook: West Coast.
Bio for Bob Trapani Jr.: The executive director of the American Lighthouse Foundation. He is also a lighthouse technician for the US Coast Guard and former director of the Maine Lighthouse Museum.
* If sea conditions prevent going to Mount Desert Rock and Matinicus Rock we will reroute the tour and view four Penobscot bay lights: Owls Head, Rockland Breakwater, Indian Island, and Curtis Island.