Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park’s Vehicle Reservation System for Cadillac Mountain
From May 24, 2023 through October 22, 2023, The National Park Service is requiring advanced vehicle reservations to access Acadia National Park’s Cadillac Summit Road. Feeling anxious about getting a reservation? Don’t panic! Here are the eight most important things you need to know:
1. The system is an effort to protect Cadillac Summit’s natural environment and to avoid overcrowding of the parking lot.
No one likes traffic, but especially not the sensitive plant life on Cadillac Summit. This reservation system aims to help limit vehicles and protect the ecosystems on the mountain.
2. It only affects Cadillac Summit Road.
Sand Beach, Thunder Hole, and all other areas remain unaffected and reservation-free.
3. It only affects cars and vehicles.
That means bikers and hikers can get up to Cadillac without worrying about a reservation. Reaching the summit is your reward! (But don’t forget your park pass).
4. You make a reservation by going to this timed entry page.
Select “Tickets.” From there, choose either sunrise (3:30 a.m.) or one of the various daytime slots (time slots are available every half-hour from 6:30 a.m. until 8 p.m.). The total cost is $6 per vehicle. They are sold online in advance at Recreation.gov. They are not available for purchase at the park.
5. 30% of available vehicle reservations are released 90 days ahead of each calendar date on a rolling basis. The remaining 70% are released at 10 a.m. EST two days ahead of each date.
Spontaneous road trip? They’re the best kind. That’s why the majority of reservations are released just two days ahead of each date.
6. You still need to purchase a park pass.
There’s a step two, and it’s an important one! Go to Site Pass Selection to pick up your park pass. (If you’re hiking or biking, you’ll need one, too!).
7. There are alternative transportation options.
Get to Cadillac’s peak on one of these fun and informative local providers:
Cadillac Mountain Summit Shuttle: Offering easy, hassle-free shuttle service to the Summit of Cadillac Mountain. No summit reservation needed.
Oli’s Trolley: The Acadia National Park Tour stops at Cadillac Mountain Summit, in addition to Thunder Hole and Jordon Pond.
Acadia National Park Tours: The Classic Tour stops at Cadillac Mountain Summit, Thunder Hole and Sieur de Monts Spring (Wild Gardens of Acadia).
At Your Service Taxi and Tours: Offering shuttle service from the Village Green to the Summit of Cadillac, and a guided tour that includes Cadillac Mountain.
8. There are alternative sunrise and sunset locations.
Many know Cadillac Mountain as the place in Acadia to enjoy the sunrise or sunset, but there are many other spots to catch those golden rays. Check out these alternative places to enjoy a glorious sunrise or sunset.