Abbe Museum Indian Market
DescriptionThe Abbe Museum looks forward to welcoming you to Bar Harbor in May 2020 for the 3rd Abbe Museum Indian Market.
Mount Desert Island calls to many artists. Its cragged shores, woodland trails, and calming lakes inspire creativity and have lured artists to this place for generations. Wabanaki people are part of this artistic tradition, dating back thousands of years on this island. During the Rusticator era (the 1840s to 1920s), the Wabanaki people helped make Bar Harbor and the island so attractive to visitors - making art and selling it to the visitors ensure cultural survival for many art forms.
Schedule at a glance:
- Friday, May 15, 2020 from 5 to 7:30 - Preview Party at the Abbe Museum
- Friday May 15 to Monday, May 18, 2020 - Indigenous Film Festival at Reel Pizza Cinerama
- Saturday, May 16, 2020 from 10 to 4 - Abbe Museum Indian Market on the Village Green
- Saturday, May 17 at 6 pm - Abbe Museum Indian Market Fashion Show at the Criterion Theatre
- Sunday, May 17, 2020 from 10 to 4 - Abbe Museum Indian Market on the Village Green