Fall Luxury and Wellness Experiences in Bar Harbor
The change in seasons often ushers in new perspectives and goals. If summer is the season of family plans and vacations, perhaps fall is a good time to recenter and refocus on your own needs. Bar Harbor is the perfect spot to do just that—close to the sea and nature, without skipping the luxurious amenities. Here are six places for a little R&R this fall:
- The Yellow House Inn, Well + Wander Retreats: reset into the quiet of fall after a bustling summer at the Yellow House Inn. Start the day with morning meditations and movement, followed by afternoon adventures along the brilliant coastline. End your day with evenings by the outdoor fire and a nourishing, delicious meal.
- Destination Health MDI: With a belief that self-care is not a luxury, but a necessity, Destination Health puts health wellness first with a variety of classes, treatments and retreats. Get your body moving with one of their classes, including fitness, yoga and movement, led by highly trained specialists. Their therapeutic treatments melt away stress through massage, flotation therapy and an infrared sauna.
- Bar Harbor Inn and Spa: with a luxury spa to pamper you, stunning water views and delicious foods, you may never want to leave this historic hotel. Try rejuvenating and relaxing yoga led by a certified yoga instructor, designed for all levels. Or combine several luxuries with their Relax by the Bay Vacation Package, which starts your day with a fresh breakfast overlooking Frenchman Bay, eases you into pure bliss with a 50-minute Swedish massage and offers a complimentary dinner at the Reading Room Restaurant.
- Harborside Hotel and Spa: stay in this award-winning hotel that offers spectacular views, four restaurants and lounges, a fitness center and more. You can even bring your furry canine companion (30 pounds and under), who will receive his or her own plush mat and food and water bowls. The spa, first envisioned by Nelson Rockefeller nearly four generations ago, continues to provide plush amenities. A seasoned artisan will guide you through a plethora of spa therapies and treatments, that range from skin care and body treatments to salon offerings.
- Massage Bar Harbor: After an intense hike or activity in the park, Massage Bar Harbor is the perfect place to restore and renew. Their variety of massages include everything from aromatherapy massage treatments to deep-tissue massage, elevating you to cloud nine.
- Tree of Life Day Spa: Find your calm at Bar Harbor’s longest-running day spa. Whether you go for a brief treatment like a facial or stay for an all-day immersion including a foot bath and deep tissue massage, you will come away much more relaxed.
Ready for a little fall bliss? Plan your getaway today.