Abbe Museum Indian Market
DescriptionAfter the success of the inaugural market, the Abbe Museum looks forward to welcoming you to Bar Harbor in May 2019 for the 2nd Abbe Museum Indian Market.
Mount Desert Island calls to many artists. Its cragged shores, woodland trails, and calming lakes inspire creativity and have lured artists to this place for generations. Wabanaki people are part of this artistic tradition, dating back thousands of years on this island. During the Rusticator era (the 1840s to 1920s), the Wabanaki people helped make Bar Harbor and the island so attractive to visitors - making art and selling it to the visitors ensure cultural survival for many art forms.
- Friday, May 17, 2019 from 5 to 7:30 - Preview Party at the Abbe Museum
- Friday May 17 to Monday, May 20, 2019 - Indigenous Film Festival at Reel Pizza Cinerama
- Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 10 to 5 - Abbe Museum Indian Market on the Village Green
- Saturday, May 18 at 6 pm - Abbe Museum Indian Market Fashion Show at the Criterion Theatre
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 from 10 to 4 - Abbe Museum Indian Market on the Village Green